Maine Brewers' Guild 2017 Beer Festival
Each ticket includes round-trip transportation from Boston, unlimited beer samples from all breweries, souvenir taster glass, access to beer school classes, live music. Food available for purchase from a variety of food trucks. This is strictly a 21+ event.
The Maine Brewers' Guild Summer Session is the biggest brewfest in Maine and your best chance to try Maine's best beers. Summer Session is the only brewfest run by and in support of the Maine craft beer industry - we know what beer fans love, and we want to share our love of beer with you while creating the perfect festival environment. So come join us in the vast expanse of Thompson's Point waterfront venue in Portland - outdoors and under the sun for our annual Maine Brewers' Guild Festival - Summer Session 2017 on Saturday July 29th, from 1-5PM.
What makes this festival so awesome? We're glad you asked...
- BEST BEER IN MAINE - Maine's best brewers will be showcasing their wares from all across the state and we'll have more Maine breweries pouring than any festival all year.
- GUEST BREWERIES - After last year's success, we are sticking with the invitational format - our Maine brewers will invite their friends from out-of-state breweries so we will have beers on tap that you have never tried, from breweries who don't normally sell their beer in Maine.
- LIVE MUSIC - Jam out to some of New England's best fest music but keep it far enough away from the beer so you can still interact with the brewers and ask your questions.
- PLENTY OF SPACE to spread out - Thompson's Point is acres and acres of waterfront land. No crowded gymnasiums here.
- LAWN CHAIRS WELCOME – we want you to get comfortable, so bring your lawn chairs, picnic blankets, cornhole set, and make a day of it!
- BEER SCHOOL CLASSES - Learn from Maine's brewers in short, 10-15 minute 'classes' within the brewfest discussing all sorts of topics related to beer and brewing and giving you the chance to ask those burning questions and learn from the pros. No registration required.
- The ANNUAL 'HOMEGROWN BEER' CELEBRATION - We'll be inviting brewers will be brew a beer made with Maine grown grains and malted in Maine. All attendees will have the chance to try them all.
- FOOD TRUCKS - They will be there and ready to serve you, from the beginning to the end - so bring an appetite!
- SUPPORTS YOUR LOCAL CRAFT BEER COMMUNITY - Proceeds from our brewfest benefit the Maine Brewers' Guild in their work to promote and protect craft beer. (We're the people who changed the laws so brewers could pour their own beer at these festivals!) This is our biggest event of the year and the primary fundraiser for our nonprofit. Drink beer in support of beer!
- TIME TO CATCH YOUR BREATH - Although we'll have to stop serving beer at 5PM, you'll be welcome to hang out till around 6PM, grab a bite to eat from one of the food trucks, and take in the beauty of an evening on the water in Portland surrounded by thousands of your closest friends.
- Adults - $129.
- All day.
PARTICIPATING MAINE BREWERIES:
2 Feet Brewing, Allagash Brewing Company, Andrews Brewing Co, Atlantic Brewing Company, Austin Street Brewery, Banded Horn Brewing Co., Barreled Souls, Baxter Brewing Co., Bear Bones Beer, Bigelow Brewing Company, Black Bear Brewing Co, Bunker Brewing Co, Dirigo Brewing Company, Flight Deck Brewing, Fore River Brewing Company, Foulmouthed Brewing, Foundation Brewing Company, Friars' Brewhouse, Funky Bow Brewery & Beer Company, Geaghan Bros. Brewing Co., Geary Brewing, Gruit Brewing Co., Hidden Cove Brewing Co, Island Dog Brewing, Kennebec River Pub & Brewery, Kennebunkport Brewing Co/Federal Jack's Brewpub, Lake St. George Brewing Company, Liberty Craft Brewing, Liquid Riot, Lively Brewing, Lone Pine Brewing Co, Maine Beer Company, Mainiacal Brewing Company, Marsh Island Brewing, Mason's Brewing Company, Mast Landing Brewing Company, Monhegan Brewing Company, Northern Maine Brewing Company, LLC, Norway Brewing Company, Oak Pond Brewery, One Eye Open Brewing Company, Orono Brewing Company, Oxbow Brewery, Pennesseewassee Brewing Co., Penobscot Bay Brewery, Rising Tide Brewing Company, Rock Harbor Brewing Co., The Run of the Mill Public House, Sebago Brewing Co
- Hobbs Brewing Co. (West Ossipee, NH) – Guest of Geaghan Bros. Brewing
- Jackalope Brewing Company (Nashville, TN) – Guest of Rising Tide Brewing Co.
- Jester King Brewery (Austin, TX) – Guest of Oxbow Brewery
- Lawson's Finest Liquids (Warren, VT) – Guest of Maine Beer Company
- Lord Hobo Brewing Company (Woburn, MA) – Guest of Liquid Riot Bottling Co.
- Medusa Brewing Company (Hudson, MA) – Guest of Orono Brewing Co.
- Night Shift Brewing (Everett, MA) – Guest of Mast Landing Brewing Co.
- Right Proper Brewing Company (Washington, D.C.) – Guest of Allagash Brewing Co.
- Big Axe Brewery (Nackawic, NB) - Guest of Monhegan Island Brewing Co.
- Black Hog Brewing Co. (Oxford, CT) - Guest of Fore River Brewing Co.
- Wormtown Brewery (Worcester, MA) - Guest of Atlantic Brewing Co.
- 7th Settlement Brewery (Dover, NH) - Guest of Dirigo Brewing Co.
What to Bring
- Please bring a photo ID. All sampling passengers must be 21+