We live in a golden age of beer. In much the same way subscription-based entertainment has ushered in a new era of high-quality television shows, the advent of craft breweries has gifted us with an explosion of unique and creative niche beers. New craft breweries pop up nearly every day, and luckily for them, we all seem to be insatiably thirsty.
If ever there were an opportunity to be present at the forefront of a movement, this is it. The number of craft breweries in America grew by a staggering 327 percent between 2009 and 2016. Craft breweries produced nearly 25 million barrels of craft beer in 2016 alone — that’s nearly double the production in just four years.
If you are an aspiring beer connoisseur within flying distance of Boston, or even if you just like the ring of the word “connoisseur,” your ship has come in. Here in Boston, we have more breweries than there are letters in our state’s name. The only problem is that far too many of them are excellent, which means there is life-changing beer out there, and you’re reading this article instead of drinking it.
Fear not. That’s where Craft Beer Lovers of Boston comes in. We will treat you to sumptuous high living on private craft brewery tours in Boston the likes of which you’ve never seen. Bring your bachelor or bachelorette party. Bring the whole corporate ladder and treat them to a sampling of various and sundry beers, from world-class IPAs to Belgians to new, delicious blends that defy categorization. Let’s dive in and see what Craft Beer Lovers of Boston has to offer.
Private Craft Beer Tours: What to Expect
We didn’t invent the concept of private brew tours — but we darn sure reinvented it, so take whatever preconception you have of a brewery tour and either disregard it or multiply it by a hundred. In this section, we’ll explain what you can expect when you book a tour with us.
We work hard to not only show you a great time, but also to be completely up-front about our offerings. Here are some key points about our tours:
- We are all-inclusive. And that’s the real kind of all-inclusive, not the kind where you suddenly find out you have to pay for beer samples or the tour guide.
- We don’t just offer private beer tours in Boston. Boston is close to Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire and Connecticut, and we offer brewery tours in those states as well. New England is quickly becoming the hotspot of beer, and we love it all.
- You can customize tours. We love taking suggestions — we want to take your ideas and tailor a tour to fit them. Although we have plenty of predesigned tours to choose from, we’re all for adding in new stops or taking off ones that don’t interest you.
- We’ll work out all the logistics. Tell us what you want, and we’ll take care of the rest. You don’t have to worry about traffic patterns, breweries’ operating hours, drivers or anything else. We’ll make sure it all goes smoothly. All you have to do is show up.
Your tour will include everything you might hope for from a brewery tour, and a lot more. Let’s cover the basics — we’ll save “a lot more” for the next section.
- Fees for brewery entrance: When you show up to each brewery, you won’t have to pay a dime for entrance or a tour. That wouldn’t be very all-inclusive of us.
- Sampling and tasting fees: You’ve already paid for your beer samples. Enjoy!
- Tour and history fees: Many breweries give tours of their facilities and explain how the beer is made, which is always cool to see. If a brewery offers a tour, that cost is covered, minus any gratuity you might choose to provide your tour guide.
- Meet and greet with the brewmaster: The brewmaster will sometimes come to meet tour groups and explain how they arrive at the beers you’re drinking. Or, they may just want to talk about their favorite episode of Seinfeld. Either way, it’s covered.
- Souvenir glasses from each brewery: Many breweries like to send guests home with souvenir beer glasses to remember them by. If they have one, it will go home with you for no extra cost.
- A high-end vehicle for transportation: We weren’t joking about high living. We’ll parade you about in one of our lavish vehicles, such as a limo party bus, charter bus, stretch limo, customized transit van or even a Cadillac Escalade. You can choose the vehicle that suits your party size and your desire to live it up.
- Bottled drinking water: Staying hydrated is pretty important on a beer tour.
- Snacks and/or lunch: Drinking on an empty stomach can turn a beer tour into an Aronofsky film. We’ll make sure you’re not hungry.
- Free Wi-Fi: We’re in the age of the Internet, and the best way to spread the word about your favorite new beers is by sharing photos.
- Yeti coolers: You’ll want to buy beer to bring home with you, and we bring the best coolers in the industry on our tours to keep it cool.
- An outstanding tour guide. Our tour guides are the absolute best.
- Wallet-sized stainless-steel bottle opener: That pretty much explains itself.
- Tote bag: As your souvenirs — and “souve-beers” — accumulate, a tote bag will keep it all in one place.
Private Brewery Tour Occasions (Like We Even Need One)
A private craft beer tour is a celebratory event by nature, so it’s the perfect way to celebrate a big occasion. Here are some of the groups we find ourselves hosting frequently:
If you’ve been tasked with orchestrating a bachelor party, you may feel at once honored and overwhelmed. That’s quite a privilege and quite a responsibility at the same time. If you’re thinking of a private brew tour to create the night of a lifetime, though, you’ve come to the right place.
Taking a private brewery tour for a bachelor party is more than just a good time — it’s a memory that will last a lifetime. We are your designated driver, your tour guide and your organizer all in one. With our Bachelor Party Tour, you’ll try at least 15 different beers at three different breweries. We’ll also stop for food, so no one gets famished.
A standard Bachelor Party beer tour lasts about five hours. We’ll pick you up wherever you want, chauffeur you to different breweries and then drop you off again. Of course, you can also custom-tailor this tour to include anything and everything. Want to stop by a Bruins game? Is there a heated ping-pong rivalry you and the bachelor need to resolve? Whatever it is, just let us know, and we’ll make it happen.
Your best girlfriend has chosen you to organize a bachelorette party — and perhaps you’re already considering a private brewery tour in Boston. Beer is a big part of Boston’s complex and ever-evolving identity, and nothing will lay a better framework for great memories than taking the ladies out on a craft beer tour.
For starters, we’ll do all the driving. You simply tell us which of our incredible fleet of vehicles you’d prefer, and we’ll have it ready to go. Then it’s off to three of Boston’s coolest breweries for delicious beer and fun tours. We offer a selection of standard tours, or you can create your own private tour if you have some fun ideas you’d like to bring to life.
We offer several specialty tours that work well for bachelorette parties. We recommend our Uma Thurman tour, which is a fun sampling of both beer and Boston’s unique nightlife. There is also the Mark Wahlberg on Sunday and the David Ortiz on Saturday.
Nothing breathes new life and dynamics into a business quite like a corporate outing. Business and corporate teams deal with lots of stress during the workday, and it is healthy for them to unwind together. Doing so softens everyone’s demeanor and lets them see each other in a different light.
Taking your corporate group on a craft beer tour in Boston will allow them to have fun and learn more about the city. Another benefit is that craft breweries are some of the most inspirational, from-the-ground-up business stories out there. It’s always helpful to see how other businesses have flourished outside of your own industry.
Whether you are hosting an office party, a corporate retreat, an awards dinner or some other celebration, Craft Beer Lovers of Boston is ready to make it special.
Don’t get us wrong: Craft brewery tours are perfect for a lot of occasions. It’s just that they’re extra-perfect for birthday parties. There’s friendship and family, a desire to have fun and the occasion to cut loose a bit — which makes it the perfect cocktail for a craft beer tour.
Talk to us about the perfect tour for birthday parties, or book a private tour to arrange a custom itinerary. We can even work together to arrange a surprise that will make the day that much more memorable.
There are plenty of occasions for which you might want to arrange a tour of Boston’s hottest craft breweries. Among them are anniversaries, engagement parties, awards dinners and more.
At Craft Beer Lovers of Boston, we love making special moments even more special. That’s why we stay so open to our customers’ needs and ideas — we want this to be as fun for you as it is for us. Choose one of our exceptionally splendid vehicles to ride around in style, then let us know what tour you’d like and where you’d like to go — we’ll handle the rest.
Weekend Trips to Boston
It can be a bit tricky coming to a big city and trying to make the most out of a single weekend. Are you heading to cool local haunts, or getting sucked into tourist traps? How should you get around? Most importantly, are the breweries you want to hit really the best ones?
By going on private craft beer tours in Boston, you’ll not only guarantee you visit the coolest breweries, but you can also be sure you’ll make the most out of your time in Beantown. There are 48 hours in a weekend, and we pack as much fun into our five-hour tours as humanly possible. So sign up and let us make your weekend awesome.
Teambuilding is an invaluable activity for businesses, sports teams and any other group where people have to cooperate. People working together on projects often do not have a chance to learn about the others in the group. They often begin operating without the members knowing each other’s various strengths, which can lead to inefficiency.
If you’re one of those people who groans inwardly whenever you hear the phrase “teambuilding activities,” maybe that’s because you’ve just never experienced the right kind of teambuilding. Yes, craft brewery tours aren’t the same as trust falls and three-legged races — but in many ways, they’re way better.
Not only is the group having fun together without cringey icebreakers, they also have a chance to learn about craft brewery businesses that started from the bottom and are now flourishing. These inspirational stories unfold while the team members sample some of the best beer being made in the world today.
Customize Your Private Beer Tour
We’ve mentioned that you can customize your own beer tour, and we mean it. You can choose which breweries you’d like to visit, and we’re also all about incorporating wacky, off-the-cuff items into the itinerary. So think up some fun ideas and try them on us.
Choose Your Locations
We work with the following breweries in the Boston area. They are all exceptional, so let us know if there are any you’d prefer over others:
- Blue Hills Brewery
- Bone Up Brewing Company
- Boston Harbor Distillery
- Cambridge Brewing Company
- Castle Island Brewing Company
- Dorchester Brewing Company
- Exhibit A Brewing
- GrandTen Distilling
- Harpoon Brewery
- Idle Hands Craft Ales
- Jack's Abby
- Lamplight Brewing Company
- Mayflower Brewing Company
- Mystic Brewery
- Old Colony Brewing
- Samuel Adams Brewery
- Springdale Beer Barrel Room
- And more...
Choose Your Ride
Our fleet of vehicles is as impressive as we make it sound. You can choose from:
- Cadillac Escalade ESV — This luxurious SUV will carry up to six passengers in style.
- Stretch limousine — Why not treat yourself to the grandeur of a stretch limo?
- Ford Transit 350 HD: We have modded this van into a limo-style behemoth, which is capable of seating up to 14 people.
- Party bus: What else do we need to say? This rolling fiesta seats up to 37 passengers
- Motor Coach: If your group is up to 55 people or just wants a lot of space, This climate-controlled cruiser is the way to go.
Join Us for Your Perfect Craft Brew Tour
At Craft Beer Lovers of Boston, we love what we do, and we know you will too. We pride ourselves not just on being the best brewery tour around, but being the best tour service in general. We provide it all for our customers: the van ride, brewery tours, beer tastings and even some additional brewery swag.
So whether you are planning a bachelor party, a weekend getaway, a corporate or teambuilding retreat, a birthday or another special occasion, we are the best choice for a fantastic time in Boston and beyond. Take a look at our special tours and call today to reserve a private tour of your own.