Craft Brewering Profile: Rising Tide Brewing Company
There are few things more heartwarming than a family-owned and operated craft brewery, and that’s just what Nathan and Heather Sanborn have built in Portland, Maine’s East Bayside neighborhood. Specializing in artisanal, hand-crafted small batch ales, Rising Tide Brewing Company has quickly grown to provide great beer tastes to locations extending from Maine to Massachusetts.
From brewers to production assistants to “tasting room ambassadors,” Rising Tide has assembled an impressive array of professionals who love beer and love sharing their beer experience with others.
What’s on Tap?
Rising Tide crafts their never filtered, never pasteurized small batch beers with an old-meets-new sensibility — classic tastes with Rising Tide’s modern spin. The result is a wide variety of flavors that will inspire the palate, with names inspired by Rising Tide’s nautical theme, including:
- Year ‘round favorites like the Daymark, an American pale ale with Columbus and Centennial hops
- Rye grown on local Maine farms
- The Zephyr, Rising Tide’s IPA, with citrus, apple, pear and caramel notes
- The Ishmael, a rich American copper ale with Munich malt and American hops with sweet and bitter flavors
Seasonal favorites include:
- The Spinnaker, a crisp Hefeweizen
- Waypoint, Rising Tide’s coffee porter with Tandem Coffee
- Pisces, a light, crisp, dry Gose
- Cutter, a hoppy Imperial pale ale
Special Rising Tide releases include:
- The exotic Octo potato IPA
- The commanding Admiral blended sour ale
- The deep, dark Atlantis, a smooth and hoppy black ale
- The spirited Cordial, a barrel aged Belgian-style with cherries
- And many more
Make Sure to Catch…
…the fantastic food trucks that stop by to provide a great complement to your favorite Rising Tide brews, including:
- The Muthah Truckah, with amazing grilled sandwiches and fresh sides
- Heard, which includes a wide variety of gluten-free options
- The Falafel Mafia
- El Corazon for authentic tacos and more to go with your beverage of choice
- Pizza By Fire, for artisan Neapolitan-style pizza made with local ingredients
Not all trucks come by the brewery on all days, so be sure to check the schedule for your favorites before coming in.