Craft Brewery Profile: Bone Up Brewing Company
Bone Up Brewing Company is the love child of Liz and Jared Kiraly, a married couple with a deep passion for beer. Beer brought them together, and they’re sharing their good fortune by putting extensive time and research into creating the best brews possible to bring the community together over pure beer excitement.
Many of their signature brews represent the meeting of classic American-style beer and Belgian farmhouse sensibilities. Their beers are fermented with an in-house yeast blend for a uniquely “Bone Up” spin. What started in 2014 as an unused industrial laundromat has become a gorgeous tribute to craft beer, with a tempting Tap Room that’s open from the afternoon until late in the evening all weekend — and “the weekend” starts on Thursday, as it should.
What’s on Tap?
They love to experiment at Bone Up, so the beer selection is constantly rotating, but you’ll almost always find some of their delicious standards, including the Key Lime white ale, a crisp, fruity beer, that, as the proprietors put it, isn’t one that “tastes like some idiot dumped a bunch of candy in it.”
There are also options like:
- The Extra Naked premium cream ale, a light-colored beer that’s full of flavor
- The Wasted Life, Bone Up’s “Better IPA”
- The Shut Up Kelly, a robust porter that will convert your girlfriend to dark beer
Some of the specials to keep an eye out for include:
- Madeline the Destroyer, a hoppy blonde
- Ruby Rye, a mild brown ale
- Ginger Spectacular, a ginger-y, lemon-y farmhouse ale
Make Sure to Catch…
…Bone Up’s birthday celebration on August 26, 2017, featuring music, grilling, beers and ice cream on the outdoor patio. There, of course, will also be beer specials like:
- The Joybringer Tripel, aged in SPD Triple Sec barrels
- The Beer of Truth, a strong ale that’s been cellared for six months
No celebration would be complete without some delicious morsels to go along with it, so you’ll find snacks from Alex’s Ugly Sauce, Top Shelf Cookies and Fat Boyfriend Bakery. The main event is a pig roast, brought to you by Sillari’s Pizza. If you miss their first birthday celebration in 2017, don’t worry. The next one is just a year away!