Craft Brewery Profile: Banded Horn Brewing Company
Most people in Maine know of the Biddeford Mills, an array of textile mills that once formed the very heart of the York County region. A big part of this historic area in Maine is the Pepperell Mill Campus, which has experienced a revitalization in recent years with artisanal shops, restaurants and yes, a brewery.
On the first floor of Building 13W, right next to Round Turn Distilling, is where you’ll find Banded Horn Brewing Company, a classic craft brewery that for the past two years, has admirably followed its mission to produce a harmony of craft brew flavors ranging from the classics to wild experiments other breweries wouldn’t dare try. Bring your love of crafted flavors and your adventurous spirit to this brewery that has a character that is both historic and upstart in one.
What’s on Tap?
Any time of the year, you can enjoy some of Banded Horn’s brewery classics like their:
- Pepperell Pilsener, an unfiltered German Pilsener that is dry, hoppy and crisp
- Double IPA flavor explosion known as Daikaiju, with cantaloupe, pine and citrus aromas, dried fruit and hop resin flavor and notes of mint and black pepper
- Balanced Veridian IPA with a hint of honey and granola
You’ll also want to catch some of the seasonal favorites, such as:
- The Jolly Woodsman Coffee Stout, a blend of Norweald stout, Mountain stout and Kenyan espresso
- The Greenwarden, a pale ale with Maine spruce tips
- The Nordri, a strong red lager with bitters
- The Wicked Bueno, a light Mexican-style lager
Make Sure to Catch…
…the Ghost Window, a French-style Saison named after an actual haunted window in the Pepperell Mill complex. It’s located at the top of the stair tower of Building 15 and is visible from the Banded Horn Brew Deck.
Enjoy a flaked-rye and wheat treat that is dry-hopped with Mandarina Bavaria and see if you can get a member of the friendly Banded Horn staff to tell you some of the stories of the ghosts said to haunt the Pepperell Mill — while you drink your liquid courage.